A new DANCERUSH STARDOM and DDR A20 PLUS crossover event, SUMMER DANCE CAMP 2020, will begin on July 7, 2020 @ 10:00 JST and run through September 7, 2020 @ 5:00 JST. Similar to last year’s SUMMER DANCE CAMP event, you collect stamps by logging in to DANCERUSH STARDOM and
Cyber Cypher 4 – Remote DDR Freestyle Tournament
Cyber Cypher 4 is all the way live! Submit a freestyle video using the hashtag #DDRFreestyle to enter. Entries will be accepted from now until November 8th!
FREESTYLE SONGS ELIGIBLE FOR CYBER CYPHER 4
– Any song feat. Paula Terry
– Any song by the artist Naoki, NM, or NMR
– Any song in the Extreme Folder on DDR Ace
– Dazzlin Darlin
– Scorching Moon
– Break Free
– I Want You to Know
– Bloody Tears (IIDX remix)
– Deadball de homerun
– Dynamite Rave
Full rules after the jump:
Cyber Cypher #4 rules:
- Cyber Cypher is open to everyone on Earth, regardless of region.
- To enter, the competitor must record themselves performing a routine to any Dance Dance Revolution song. Performances may be done on a Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine or on a home version pad using either a console version of the game or a DDR simulator/emulator. (We highly recommend that the footage shows your full body and at least a partial glimpse of the game screen, so that the judges may better critique your performance.)
- Competitors may submit more than one performance.
- All performance videos may be uploaded online to a video hosting site (i.e., YouTube, Vimeo, Streamable) or emailed directly to FreestyleTakeover@gmail.com. A link to the upload must be provided to any of Freestyle Takeover’s social media channels using the hashtag #DDRFreestyle.
- All performances must be recorded between 10/8/18 and 11/11/18, 12:01am PDT.
- Performer must complete their performance with a passing grade per the game’s scoring system. A failed grade performance is not eligible for submission.
- All performances and costumes must adhere to general guidelines of decency. Keep it PG, maybe PG-13. (If the material/tone of the performance wouldn’t be allowed on an episode of The Simpsons, you might want to rethink your idea.)
- Each judge will grade the performances based on (but not limited to) showmanship, creativity, musicality, and presentation. The competitor’s game score will not be factored into judgment.
- There will be slightly more emphasis on visual presentation, specifically your costume and its synergy with the routine
- After the final performance of the competition, each judge will submit their top 10 candidates using the following voting vector (14, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1), where 1st place receives 14 points, 2nd place receives 9 points and so on.
- All judges’ decisions are final and are not subject to protest. Final tallies will be posted on the Freestyle Takeover website after the competition is over.
- Entrants who submit a video to the Cyber Cypher are agreeing to allow Freestyle Takeover to potentially use their footage and/or likeness in future promotional and marketing material.
- Rules may be subject to change at the discretion of Freestyle Takeover.
- Prizes TBD.